My name is Dr Michelle Andrews Luke.
I established The Flourishing Child in the Dandenong Ranges, Melbourne, in 2016.
I draw on key research findings about child development and my own experiences as a mother of three to support parents to raise emotionally healthy and resilient children.
I have over 19 years of experience working as a researcher, lecturer, and clinician in private practice, independent schools, government schools, and universities, including the University of Melbourne, Monash University, ACU, The Scots College, Kambala, and Korowa.
My vision is to create a flourishing world, one family at a time.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours in Psychology), the University of Melbourne.
- Doctorate of Educational Psychology, the University of Melbourne.
- Registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Board-approved supervisor of psychologists.
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
- Fellow of the APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists.
- Delivered over 75 seminars, workshops, lectures, and conference papers in the field of educational and developmental psychology.
- Certified facilitator of a number of parenting programs, including Tuning in to Kids: Emotionally Intelligent Parenting and Families Coping: Effective Strategies for You and Your Child.
- Utilises a range of evidence-based therapeutic approaches, including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Family Systems Therapy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), and Mindfulness-Based Practices.
Maybe you are finding parenting stressful.
Maybe you want to learn how to more effectively cope with the day-to-day challenges of parenting.
Maybe you want to feel calmer and more patient as a parent.
I offer online parent coaching sessions via Zoom.
I am dedicated to helping you to create a peaceful home, to develop a closer bond with your child, and to strengthen your child’s emotional wellbeing.
My aim is to help you feel energised, inspired, and eager to try out new ideas.
To all of the parents in The Flourishing Child community. To those who receive parent coaching from me, to those who attend my courses, and to those who read my newsletter and blog posts: it is my honour and privilege to support you on your parenting journey. Your honesty and courage is inspiring. You teach me so much. My warmest thanks.Dr Michelle Andrews Luke